KYC Update Know your Customer (KYC) is the process to identify and verify the details of clients in Business. The term is also used to refer to the bank and anti-money laundering regulations which govern these activities. Know your customer processes are also employed by companies of all sizes for the purpose of ensuring their proposed agents, consultants, or distributors are anti-bribery compliant. Banks, insurers, and export creditors are increasingly demanding that customers provide detailed anti-corruption due diligence information.
Ever since the Universal Account Number was introduced in 2014, all processes associated with Employees’ Provident Fund have become easier and quicker. Your UAN is necessary to upload your KYC documents in EPF.
Important points to note:
- An employee can have multiple supporting documents as ID proof. However, only one document is required while updating KYC information to the PF Employer Portal. The document to be used as ID proof can be linked to the PF information for each employee. The HR automatically links up the available and verified ID document with UAN. You can also change the ID document to any other verified document if you wish. Further, if there are multiple verified IDs, we link an ID for PF KYC in the following order.
- Verified bank account information (with IFSC code)
- Verified PAN information
- Any other verified ID information (Ration Card, Aadhaar, etc.)
- The employer can also upload the KYC details of the employee by using a service called BULK KYC which is provided by the EPFO in the employer’s portal
Below are the steps to enter KYC details in to the EPFO employee portal
An employee has to be registered in the EPFO by his employer to get his UAN then his UAN should be activated by using his mobile number to further upload KYC details. Thereafter the KYC details as seeded by the portal i.e. ADHAAR, PAN BANK DETAILS AND OTHERS are to be filled up in the column meant for in the members portal. After successful upload of KYC details by the employee, the employer has to authenticate the details entered by the employee through employer’s portal through Digital Signature Certificate.
- First of all visit EPFO employees portal.
- login using your UAN number, password and filling captcha.
- Now under ‘MANAGE TAB’ select KYC. Once we click on KYC we will be redirected to the page where we can fill different KYC document details.
- Click on the “checkbox next to the document” which you want to update and then enter the details of the document.
- Follow the above step for the rest of the documents you want to update, then click on save button.
- Now we can see the status of the KYC as ‘KYC pending for approval’, now the details which are filled will be sent for the verification by the employer. Once your employer has verified the document and approved of it, the status will be changed to “Digitally Approved KYC.” And we will get a confirmation message as an SMS to the registered mobile number
Required Documents for KYC Update or Registration
The following documents are necessary for the registration of KYC.
- National Population Register
- Aadhaar card
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Bank Account Number
- Driving License
- Election Card
- Ration Card
FAQ’s regarding KYC:
- How long does it take for KYC documents to be approved?
It generally takes 3 to 5 working days for the documents to be reviewed and approved.
- Is it mandatory to update KYC details online?
No, it is not mandatory to update KYC details online. However, updating KYC will keep your data up to date. It will also help in reducing the time required for transfer of EPF money from one account to another and for EPF withdrawal amount.
- Do I have to visit the site every time to know my KYC status?
No, you will get a text message as confirmation once your KYC details gets updated